As we approach the end of August, the end of summer, and the end to a busy season, I am definitely looking forward to a wedding-free and family-free weekend. And even though my hubby will be preaching and the rest of the Mexico STM team will be sharing, I for once will get to just sit on the pew during all of service! No praise team either. I wonder what I will do with all this rare free time! I could use some extra sleep but it would be nice to be able to get out and enjoy the last heat wave too. Hmm.
Lately I have found myself doing a lot of browsing for flights. A part of me loves to travel yet another part of me loathes the down side that comes with traveling so much. Which really makes it that much more ironic that God led me from a long distance relationship stemmed from a mission trip to moving to Edmonton to marry a pasor-to-be whose parents are missionaries. I feel very blessed to have been able to meet so many people through my travels and maintaining so many wonderful friends in these 3 cities which I go to and fro so often. Vancouver has proven to be very difficult to let go of. It's still a constant battle for me to figure out which city I "belong" to. The worst part is, by the time I get fully settled into Edmonton, I know that we'll probably head to Calgary. And the same will happen once Cyrus goes on internship and thereafter. I suppose this is a training process for the road ahead.
For me, I think the hardest part is leaving my family behind. Especially knowing the battle my mom is going through and seeing my dad hanging on a thread so-to-speak. Just as we shared about our "mountains" during one of our devotions in Mexico. This is my biggest mountain of all. It was definitely encouraging to hear that I am not alone as others around me have similar mountains. But I know that the battle is not mine. Though I often get caught in it or get urges to fly back, I know that I have to let God take control of this situation. He needs to settle things with my parents on His terms and mend everything in between. It's very encouraging to see how He comforts my mom and through her, I can see His power and compassion. I have hope that we will get through this. I can sense that we're on the verge of a break though. Whether we are about to step into a huge storm or clearing, I am holding on.
No comments:
Post a Comment