I'm not sure if I'm the only one that does this, but sometimes, I get inspired to write a blog so I start it off in my head and kind of store it there until I get a chance to write it down. Well this one's been in my head for a while so I figured I better unload it from my brain before it gets over-written by something else. I mean, it's already December and things are just going to get busier from here. Lately, we've been busy house-hunting, which lead to job-hunting (I need to secure a permanent position... more to come on that later), and figuring out mortgage and all this financial stuff. And with my manager out of town, work's been pretty hectic too.
Anyway, this inspiration started from no other than Jaeson Ma. I'm not going to get into the whole Spiritual high thing or how the movie screening turned into a big revival meeting. But I've been reading his book, the Blueprint and I'm finding that it has more of an effect on me than that night did. Near the beginning of the book, he shared about his involvement with the Pro-Life protest during his university years. Now I've never liked getting into politics or lobbying about controversal issues like this. But as a Christian, it's a given that we'd take the side for Pro-Life. I had never thought much about it when I really should be taking a much stronger stance. So here and now, let me share my awakening.
For someone who's only lived for 25 years, I've had one too many near-death-experiences than most people my age. I'm not one of those dramatic people that always say, "I almost died!" When I say near-death-experiences, I mean I REALLY almost died. For example, like Jaeson, I almost died in my mother's womb. Twice. Although my case seemed much less of a divine-intervention but none the less, I understand now that it was God's grace that I'm still alive. And I see that He has been very gracious to me. But anyhow, I came close to being a victim of abortion as my dad was quite adamant on not wanting kids and went about convincing my mom to abort me. After that hurdle, my mom was in a serious car accident close. And this was when she was super preggos and I was quite close to my due date. But miraculously, I was somehow unharmed. And there were those times throughout my childhood, like the time I jabbed a fork into an outlet and blew the fuse to the whole house but somehow lived without getting electrocuted. Then of course, there were my teen years where my depression turned into sucidal attempts and bad decisions that resulted in a few close calls. I've never seen how all of these incidents connected until just recently.. after reading Jaeson's book and then, again, almost dying - on the snowy, dark road between Grand Cache and Hinton. Satan must really want me dead and now I see why. I'm glad God got through to me before Satan did. And now, I have nothing to lose and a whole lot to live for - His glory.
Unlike spiritual highs, my encounter with Jaeson and his movement didn't cause my spirit to spike way high and then crash. In fact, it didn't even spike all that high. More so, it's making me think harder and challenging my believes. He touches on a lot of basics which I think some believers overlook or skim over in their walk. My current fascination is the Holy Spirit. I find his take on this quite interesting. For some reason, it reminds me of The Shack and how the Holy Spirit was portrayed in the book. I can't say I agree with that interpretation but it definitely gets you thinking. Have you noticed that when people pray, most people address the Father and Jesus but rarely do people converse with the Spirit? This year, my resolution is to spend more time with my new-found best friend :)
1 comment:
Sweet! A new best friend... I like "him" too!!! I'm glad that you are alive, cause you're a really good friend and I'm glad that I have you in my life... :)
Post a Comment