You know you've left Vancouver and have been living in Alberta for too long when...
It rains... and you're shocked that it's raining.
As I walked out of my building after work, I was seriously like, "What is this? Rrraain? What?!" I was literally shocked! I've been so used to the snow that I was taken back by the rain. It's absurd isn't it? Especially since I grew up in Vancouver where it is rarely without rain. Hah! Oh so sad indeed. How I miss Vancouver.
Not to mention it has been a nightmare with this rain and warmer weather. Why? Because the city has been turned into a giant icefield. I was quite proud of myself yesterday seeing how I shovelled the driveway (terrible idea, by the way), made dinner and then after much contemplating, went to the gym. I could hear fellow gym-goers cursing as they were slipping and slidding across the parking lot. It was literally like a skating rink. I think it took me over 50 steps to go only a few meters to get to my car. Yay for penguin-walk.
At least it wasn't as bad as this :)
No comments:
Post a Comment