Friday, March 20, 2009

Officially counting down

T - 8 weeks.
I've had the countdown toolbar on my iGoogle homepage for months but had never really paid much attention to it. Today I realized that we're leaving for vancouver in exactly 6 weeks. That's only a month and a half away! And since that came up, I'm starting to freak out again! All of a sudden there seems like there's still lots to do and time is running out. Who to ask to help with what? Yikes. I'm so glad Cyrus does such a good job of calming me down and helping me cope with the pre-wedding panic-attacks.

A bonus from all this madness - which I have really come to appreciate and cherish - is the opportunities I've had to catch up with old friends that have drifted. It has been so amazing to get in touch with so many people again and share life with each other, even though we've grown and so much has happened in our lives. I'm a little sad that they are considering to charge for facebook. I really hope they don't because it has become such an important tool for me to get in touch with friends. Although I'm sure there's always something else to use. Oh, the evils of commodification and corporations!

Anyhow, this week's been a little tougher than usual. I really think there's a bug going around and I've caught the weaker strand. So my body has been fighting it off for the entire week. I passed out at 7pm last night all the way until I had to wake up for work this morning at 6am! That's 11 hrs of sleep... on a week night! That is definitely unheard-of. Hoping to do get some rest this weekend before heading down to Calgary next weekend.

TGIF!

No comments: