Just when I thought wedding plans would be the most stressful thing I'll have to deal with...
Hello, career planning! To my surprise, I was approached by first, our HR lady and then our APO about my extension offer. They've been talking about this for weeks (actually, more like months) and I was expecting them to take longer for this (which would've gave me more time for wedding plans and in turn, made it easier to say no). Now I have this
Offer of Employment sitting on my desk and the salary figure seems to be taunting me. A year ago, I moved to Edmonton expecting to find a job within a few weeks and was willing to settle for some office job that pays around $15 per hour. A year later, with a monthly salary of over 3Gs, it has become so painful to look through a job posting that offers less than $20 per hour. I really shouldn't complain. God has been so faithful and more than gracious. And my husband-to-be is so good to me. I am just shocked at how difficult it has become for me. Despite how many times I tried to prepare myself for this, clearly it was not enough. I am pretty sure that God has made it very clear that Cyrus' schooling and ministry is priority so it is obvious that I need to say no and move to Calgary. But knowing me, I am still in need of more affirmation from God. Being a little slow and in need of motivation, I will need a little more help in the form of "
how-to"s. It really shouldn't come as a surprise then, seeing how it isn't much different from my need of step-by-step directions for street navigation. I guess it would be too much to ask for a GPS for life.

No wonder of all things Solomon asked for wisdom/an understanding heart, before he began his reign. Perhaps patience is not enough (not that I have much of that to begin with). But I will wait. I was pretty beat down after this whole ordeal today. But God put a little song in my heart and I am so thankful and inspired.
While I’m Waiting // John Waller
(Psalm 5:3, 27:14, 33:20, 37:7, 38:15, 40:1, Isaiah 30:18, Lamentations 3:24 )
"The explanation for this song is simple, I was waiting on God and I was hurting when I wrote the lyrics. I probably wouldn’t have written
a song if my friend, Mike, hadn’t encouraged me to document what I was going through during that time. I’m sure there are few people
who can’t relate to this song, but the important thing to remember while we’re waiting on God is to not just wait but to actively wait.
Serve, worship and be faithful with what you have, where you are… “even while (you) wait.”I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
No comments:
Post a Comment